Sunday 6th September 2020
Distance: 35 miles
Entry fee: Individual entry £38
Event HQ: An Talla, Community Hall at Crossapol
Race start time: 8am on Sorobaidh Beach, a short walk from the hall
11 miles long, 6 miles wide, famed for it’s white sandy beaches, blue skies, unspoilt landscape, and no midges! Tiree’s coastline is rugged, beautifully carved, and adorned with long stretches of firm sandy beach. The complete circumference takes in 35 miles of the finest Hebridean scenery. And that is the Tiree Ultramarathon – The Land Below the Waves.
- It’s a 35 mile run around the whole island
- You’ll be following a series of checkpoints with simple navigation in between
- Route arrows and our amazing team of marshals will guide your progress
- Event date is Sunday 6th September 2020 start time 8am
- Laminated course maps, tech t-shirt, medal and goodie bag for everyone
- Prize giving and ceilidh on Sunday evening
- Enter as an individual or in a relay team of 2 or 4
- Cut off time is 10hrs
Sponsored by Cohesion Medical – investing in sustainable communities and grass roots development, with an ethos of social responsibility and to ‘do good not greed‘. Thanks to Euan and his team for being part of the ultramarathon family.
“Superb from start to finish – can’t stop grinning! Love Tiree!”
“Thank you for an amazing weekend, loved it & looking forward to coming back next year!!”
You can also read the blogs from runners at the the very first event in 2014 here:
Congratulations to all the runners, and thank you for making it such a special weekend. The comments and feedback on the facebook page have been overwhelming, and it’s lovely to have been able to provide the opportunity for everyone to experience Tiree at it’s very best. Hope to see you all again on Tiree. Happy running!
“We just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who made the weekend so amazing, the island, the route, the marshals, the fellow runners……. It was all just perfect. We couldn’t have had a better weekend, and now we are just a bit sad it is over……. till next year anyway!!”