Out on Tiree our running routes normally take us across the beach, along grassy dunes and up onto rocky outcrops. Cycling around the islands single track roads certainly beats the city commute. It’s a great place to be out and active, and for the past 10 years Tiree Fitness has evolved into a coaching and fitness training business that embraces Tiree’s wonderful landscape. The newest development is Training Camps and the Half Marathon:
Tiree Training Camp
- 5 Days: 21st – 26th March 2013
- Warm Tiree hospitality – accommodation, breakfast, lunch and evening meal provided as well as evening entertainment
- Plenty of quality all round fitness training and a full body shape up, as well as getting you ready to take on any events or challenges you’ve entered
- Activities include jogging, mountain biking around the island, trail and beach running, functional strength training and some fun team challenges
- All abilities catered for – we’ll ensure it’s very positive, encouraging and will build you up so you go home fired up and fighting fit!
- Fully qualified coaches and massage therapist
There’s more details about the camps at https://www.tireefitness.co.uk/coaching/training-camps/
Tiree 10k and Half Marathon
- 4th May 2013
- 7th year of the 10k race and the first time we’ve included a half marathon option
- Start line on the beach. Finish on the beach – Everything in between is on single track roads following the coast
- Beautiful views out to sea and distant islands
- Undulating course with twists and turns which is altogether a very enjoyable run
- Local band Trail West play the evening dance to round off a spectacular day
Entries are open and more information can be found at https://www.tireefitness.co.uk/events/tiree-10k/
If you cant make it over to Tiree for these events but like the idea then please share this with your contacts or put a link to the website on social media. It would be great to offer future training opportunities like this and that depends on making this first Tiree camp really successful. Thank you for your help.
If you need any further details just give me a call or drop me an email.