The Land Below the Waves: Tiree Ultramarathon
The Isle of Tiree: 11 miles long, 6 miles wide. Famed for it’s white sandy beaches, blue skies, unspoilt landscape, and no midges! Tiree’s coastline is rugged, beautifully carved, and adorned with long stretches of firm sandy beach. The complete circumference takes in 35 miles of the finest Hebridean scenery. And that is the Tiree Ultramarathon – The Land Below the Waves.
- It’s a 35 mile run around the whole island
- You’ll be following a series of checkpoints with simple navigation in between
- Route arrows will guide your progress but you will need to use a course map
- Event date is Sunday 7th September 2014
- Every finisher gets a goodie bag and special medal
- Prize giving and ceilidh on Sunday evening
Be part of the first Hebridean Ultramarathon!
Early bird price £18 till end of June. Follow the entry link below for all details.
This is something unique. We’ve created an event to appeal to your sense of adventure, to take in the Hebridean coastline, and to challenge you with the concept of circumnavigating an entire island.
As this is the first time we’ve run this event we want to make it really special. And as time goes on we’ll be able to put more specific information up on the site. Please enter the event, we’ll keep you updated, and be part of what I’m sure is going to be a fantastic running experience.